Google AdWords Expanded Text Ads
Google constantly updates AdWords and this time it’s a really huge update. The ads: AdWords ads are no longer has a 25 character headline and 2 small description lines. Things have changed for the better. This short 1 minute video will show you what are Expanded Text Ads and why should you start writing them.
What are Expanded Text Ads (ETA)?
These are new text ad formats from Google. They have
- Two headline fields (up to 30 characters each)
- A single, expanded description field (up to 80 characters)
- A display URL that uses your final URL’s domain
- Two optional ”Path” fields, used in the ad’s display URL (up to 15 characters each)
Why should you start writing ETA?
- They offer big real estate in the Search Engine Result Page and hence provide good visibility and CTR.
- More importantly Google says “Starting October 26th, 2016, AdWords will no longer support the creation or editing of standard text ads. New text ads generated after that date should use the expanded text ad format which will be the primary search network ad type in AdWords.”
- Your ads will continue to run after that, but chances are that your ad will get very low CTR because of the competition from other ETAs
It’s time to write new Expanded Text Ads for all your AdWords Campaigns.